HOBIYEE 2014 – Village of Ts’amiks Edition
The Nisga’a People residing in the beautiful, unceded Coast Salish Territory of Vancouver, affectionately called Ts’amiks (twinkling of lights of the bay) by the Nisga’a are very honoured to present HOBIYEE 2014 – Ts’amiks Edition, Friday, January 31 and Saturday Feb. 1, 2014 at the PNE Forum.
The Nisga’a community prides itself on celebrating Hoobiyee closest to when the actual Hobiiyee Moon is in the sky. In 2014, Hoobixhee moon begins to show around Feb. 2-3, 2014.
DRAFT Agenda as of January 10, 2014
Thursday January 30th, 2014 Mass Practice For Dancers Participating
- Potluck-Mass Practice for Dance groups participating in Hoobiiyaa 2014 Ts’amiks Edition
- 4pm Doors open: (Groups Bringing in equipment)
- 5pm Dinner
- 7pm Mass Practice
Friday January 31st, 2014 Education Day
- 11am- 2pm Education Day for Schools
- Dance Group Performances: Kwhlii Gibaykw Nisga’a / Git Hayetsk
- Langley Schools Drum Group
- Other Groups TBD
- 2pm-4:30pm Break
- 4:30pm Line up Grand Entry
- 5pm Grand Entry
- 6:30/7pm Gowaganii (Peace Ceremony)
- Nations: Nisga’a, Squamish, Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh
- 7:30pm – 10pm TBD Dance Groups
Saturday February 1st, 2014 Hobiyee!!!
- 11am-8pm Dance Groups
- 8pm – 10pm Hoobiiyee Celebration